7th Judicial District Family Court Services
Family Court Services (FCS) was established to assist families who find themselves involved in the court system. Idaho State Statute, Title 32-1402 establishes the response by the legislature towards coordinating services for families. FCS supports Idaho's Courts by assisting parents that are divorcing or never married and are working on a visitation schedule (parenting apart plan) or are modifying an existing child custody order. FCS provides families with information and resources for alternative, non-adversarial methods of dispute resolution.
Family Court Services offers a "tool box" of services and referrals for parents involved in family law matters, including, but not limited to:
• Parenting Apart Education "Focus On Children"
• Parenting Plan Assistance
• Child Custody Mediation
• Effective Co-Parenting Guidance
• Child Custody Evaluators
• Parenting Coordinators
• Safe and secure visitation for children (Supervised Access)
• Resources, referrals, information about services and funding for mediation, parenting time evaluations (custody evaluations), brief focused assessments, and supervised visitations.
• Maintains a list of mediators, supervised providers, parenting coordinators, and resources